Welcome to Bentley! We are very excited that you have decided to attend Bentley University and look forward to meeting you when you arrive on campus. This page contains valuable resources to assist you during online orientation, registration, and your first year at Bentley University.
Bentley University is committed to providing an accessible, equitable, and inclusive learning environment. If you are having difficulty accessing information and need this content in an alternate format, please contact Assistant Dean, P.J. Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-891-2898.
Part 1: Your First Year Classes
Part 2: Utilizing Schedule Planner
Part 3: Selecting Your Schedule
Part 4: Additional Resources
- Advanced Standing Credit (First Year Students) - Use this link to learn all about what sort of prior credit you can submit to Bentley. Remember to submit your official scores and transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admission as soon as possible!
- AP Exam Equivalents - Refer to this list to ascertain the Bentley credit that is awarded for each AP exam.
- English Placement - Do you have questions about how Bentley determines your English placement? Here's a guide to understanding your personal placement.
- International Baccalaureate Equivalents- Use this guide to see how your IB credits transfers to Bentley.
- Math Placement - The Math Department examines your math background to determine your personal placement. Here is a guide to understanding your math placement. NOTE: Students with prior credit for Calculus I & Calculus II will NOT have a math placement pre-loaded in the Schedule Planner tool. Students who would like to continue their math studies may choose to take Calculus III (MA 233).
- Modern Language Placement - If you are interested in selecting Modern Language as a course option for the fall, see this helpful guide to self-selecting the Modern Language level that is right for you.
- Transfer Credit (Transfer Students only) - Transfer students should refer to this page for policies and procedures regarding credit that may be awarded for prior coursework.
Schedule Planner Video: Coming Soon
Schedule Planner Tips: Coming Soon
Resources: Coming Soon!
Picking the right schedule for you: Coming Soon
- Academic Calendar - See here for information on the semester schedule, holidays, and when classes are not held.
- Bentley Abbreviations - Use this guide as a reference for department abbreviations, building codes, days of the week, and more.
- Block Schedule - Grid showcasing the Bentley Block Schedule; specifically; days and times of all classes. Most day classes meet twice a week. Evening classes, double block classes, and Saturday classes meet once a week.
- Liberal Studies Major (LSM) - The LSM is an optional second major that can complement your business program at Bentley.
- Academic Labs and Learning Centers - Explore this page to learn about all the great places on campus where students can receive academic support.
- Advising Directory - Have a question for another department? See here for email and website information.
- Course Catalogue - See here for the 2019-2020 Course Catalog, which includes course descriptions organized alphabetically by subject.
- General Business Core - See this introduction and flowchart to better understand our GB course structure and the intended timing of each course.
- Tuition Insurance - See here for information on protection your tuition investment.
Want more information?
You are welcome to explore our comprehensive website! Simply use the left-hand navigation menu to learn more about our curriculum, academic policies, and resources.
Can't find what you are looking for?
You can send us an email at Academic_Services@bentley.edu. Please allow 2 business days for us to respond.
You can call us at 781-891-2803 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.