Faculty-led international courses are 3-credit intensive study abroad experiences offered during semester breaks. On these courses, a Bentley professor leads his/her students on an immersive learning experience in a region of the world where the professor has expertise. Faculty-led international courses offer students the opportunity to combine cultural activities with business, NGO, or other relevant site visits. Students benefit from personal interactions with companies and organizations they would not encounter as a tourist.
Faculty-led international courses are approximately 10 to 15 days in length during January break, Spring break (as part of a Spring semester course), or in May after exams. The intensive format allows students to study abroad without missing a semester at Bentley.
Click on the icon for each course below to read a detailed course description and view a sample itinerary and syllabus. Applications can be accessed from each course description page.
Dates & Deadlines
January & March 2024 Faculty-Led Deadlines
- October 1, 2023: Scholarship & early bird application deadline
- October 13, 2023: Scholarship announcements
- October 15, 2023: Final application deadline
- October 22, 2023: Acceptance announcements
May 2024 Faculty-Led Deadlines
- January 15, 2024: Scholarship & early bird application deadline
- January 29, 2024: Scholarship announcements
- January 31, 2024: Final application deadline
- February 4, 2024: Acceptance announcements
Costs vary by program type; please see the course budget sheet for individual program fees. A range of estimated program expenses can be found below:
|Budget Item:||Estimated Cost Range:|
|Program Fee:||$3,000 - $5,200|
|Airfare:||$900 - $1,800|
Bentley merit scholarships do not apply to Faculty-Led International courses. However, it may be possible to obtain loans for these costs. Please visit the Office of Financial Assistance and speak with a financial aid counselor to discuss these options.
- The International Citizens Group Study Abroad Scholarship will be awarded to one student annually to cover the cost of participation in a faculty-led international course or GBE up to $5000.
- The Earle and Sloan Travel Fellowship will be awarded to one student recipient annually to cover the cost of participation in a faculty-led international course or GBE up to $5,200.
- The Global Social Responsibility Fund assists students with financial need to participate in a faculty-led international course or GBE. The course must take place in the developing world and address issues of social concern.
- The Herbert J. and Susan P. Maletz Study Abroad Expendable Scholarship Fund is offered to Bentley students who have significant financial need and are seeking their first international experience to participate in a faculty-led international course or GBE. Up to $5000 will be awarded annually.
Additional financial information, including the refund/withdrawal policy for faculty-led programs, is available on our finances page. Please contact the Office of International Education with questions.