Submissions are now open!
Submit your photos from abroad by 12:00 p.m. EST on Monday, October 26, 2020, to be entered for a chance to win a $50 Amazon giftcard and have your photos displayed in the RSM Art Gallery in Bentley Library!
Each entrant may submit one photo for each of the following categories:
- Bentley Abroad: Show us your Bentley Pride overseas! The obvious example would be pictures of students in Bentley gear in front of famous landmarks, but feel free to get creative with interpreting this one!
- Landscapes: from stunning natural vistas to bustling urban scenes, this is your chance to show off the beauty of your temporary home!
- The World as your Classroom: Show us what your day-to-day life looked like abroad! From cooking in your host family’s kitchen, to a view out your internship’s office building, to students huddled in a university library – give us a real feel for wherever you were.
All entrants are also automatically entered for a chance to win the Facebook Fan Favorite or Alumni Choice prize.
How to Enter:
- Enter the Contest by emailing your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All photos must be in the form of high-quality .jpeg files, saved/titled in the following format: Last name, First name.jpeg
- The body of the email should include:
- Your full name, as you would want it displayed in the event that your photo is selected as a winner and displayed in the Library Gallery
- Any social media handles you’d like included in the event that your photo is selected as a winner and shared on our social media platforms
- Your major/minor/track/etc.
- Your Class Year
- Where and when you studied abroad
- Location (city and country) the photo was taken
- Category you’re submitting the photo for
- Short description of the photo
- All photos must be sent as an email attachment (not in the body of the email) before 12:00 p.m. EST on Monday, October 26, 2020.
Judging will take place in three phases:
- All eligible entries received during the Submission Period – regardless of original category submitted for – will be posted in a Facebook photo album at 12:00 p.m. EST on Monday, October 26, 2020, on the Bentley University Office of International Education Facebook page (facebook.com/BentleyUAbroad). The photo that has the most positive reactions on Facebook by 4:29 p.m. EST on Friday, October 30, 2020, will win the Facebook Fan Favorite prize.
- All eligible entries received during the Submission Period – regardless of original category submitted for – will be sent to Bentley Study Abroad alumni at 12:00 p.m. EST on Monday, October 26, 2020. The photo with the most votes by 4:29 p.m. EST on Friday, October 30, 2020, will win the Alumni Choice category.
- All eligible entries will be evaluated by a Selection Committee, made up of faculty and staff from the Cronin Office of International Education, English and Media Studies Department, Library Services, and students affiliated with those departments. The Committee will choose the winners and finalists from the three categories (Bentley Abroad, Landscape, and The World as your Classroom).
Winners will be announced daily throughout CultureFest beginning Monday, November 9, 2020 via Bentley University Office of International Education social media channels and Bentley email.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com.