We’re delighted that you are considering transferring to Bentley University! We recognize the decision to transfer is a significant one, and we will work closely with you to make the application process as stress-free as possible. A list of required credentials is below. Your first step is to complete the Transfer Common Application. It’s different from the Common Application you may have completed as a first year student. Click here for a tutorial with tips on how to complete the Transfer Common Application. We invite you to contact us at +1 781.891.2244 or email@example.com with any questions you may have about Bentley and our application process.
Rolling (after April 1)
Rolling (after November 1)
Required Forms and Credentials
- Application form with $75 fee. Complete the Common Application*
Please note that the Transfer Common Application requires the entering of coursework done at your previous or current colleges as one of many conditions for submitting your application. Since Bentley requires an official transcript, we consider it unnecessary to enter all of your courses into the Common Application. You can by-pass this requirement by entering just one course for each college and then reviewing and finalizing your transcript. If you are applying to other schools, you should check to see if they offer a similar option. If you have any difficulties completing the Common Application, please use the live chat feature within the application or contact us by phone or email.
- Official transcripts. Submit official transcript from all universities you have attended, as well as a final secondary school transcript with date of graduation.
- Midterm Report. This form is available here and should be submitted once you have taken mid-year exams or completed midterm assignments and the professor has returned those grades. You can submit the form by email. It is not required if you are not currently enrolled in university courses.
- Transfer College Report. This form is available here and should be sent to our office by email, U.S. mail or fax at +1.781.891.3414.
- Two letters of recommendation. We prefer that you submit recommendations from college professors, however, you may submit a reference from an employer or secondary school teacher in lieu of one professor recommendation.
- Standardized test scores. We require that you take the SAT or ACT if you have fewer than 30 semester hours of collegiate academic credit. If English is not your primary language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The requirement may be waived and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. The preferred minimum scores are:
TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections
IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections
Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials:
Sponsor Support Form. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Sponsor Support Form for an I-20 to be issued. If you prefer, you may complete the top portion of this form (Applicant Statement) and attach a signed letter from a parent or sponsor indicating their willingness to pay educational expenses not less than $71,296 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency.)
Certificate of Financial Resources Form. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Certificate of Financial Resources form in order for an I-20 to be issued. If you do not complete this form, you must submit one of the following:
A bank letter from your parent or sponsor's bank, signed by a bank official, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $71,296 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency).OR
A bank statement in your parent or sponsor's name, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $71,296 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency).
Passport photocopy. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit a copy of your passport page with biographical information. Please note that you must provide a copy of the passport you will use to apply for your F-1 visa (multiple passport copies will not be accepted). If you are currently studying in the United States, please submit a copy of your I-20 and student visa as well. We recommend scanning this information and then emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you an ID number for BentleyConnect, the online portal, which you can use to check the status of your application.
All courses you have taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine if they are comparable to course work at Bentley. Learn more about our transfer credit policies.
You are considered a visiting student if you are studying at Bentley for one semester or academic year and are not participating in a Bentley-recognized university program. Learn more about applying to Bentley as a visiting student.
Visit Opportunities for Prospective Transfer Students:
Transfer Open House: Boston
Thursday, March 7, 2019
5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
45 Province Street
Boston, MA 02108
Located near Downtown Crossing with easy access from public transportation
Join us for a Transfer Open House and Reception at Mast' Restaurant in Boston on March 7. Drop in anytime between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. to hear from faculty, current students and counselors from Transfer Admission and Financial Aid about:
- The classroom experience and interaction between faculty and students
- The importance of technology in a business education
- Student life, internships and job placement
- Bentley's transfer application, financial aid and the credit evaluation process
Refreshments will be served.
Personalized Transfer Advising
Meet one-on-one with a transfer admission counselor to discuss prior and current coursework and how it will apply to the degree requirements at Bentley. Please bring all of your unofficial college transcripts (including in-progress courses). Sign up for a 30 minute appointment. Choose to meet in person, by phone or virtually. If you would like to connect by phone or virtually, please contact our office by email or at +1.781.891.2244 after you submit your registration form.
Thursday, March 14th-9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you would like to be notified of future transfer events, please complete the information form.