Taking Charge: Women's Executive Leadership
Spring 2022 session starts March 16
Critical Topics, Active Learning, At a Pace That Works
Taking Charge focuses on the critical knowledge and skills you need to effectively lead and impact your organization. Together with other senior women leaders, participate in interactive classes led by faculty members who are ongoing practitioners in their areas of expertise. The program sessions are structured to fit the busy schedules of our participants, and promote the best learning environment. Sessions are currently delivered online, from 12:00-4:00pm EST, and are spaced in such a way that enables our learners to absorb the content, and bring their learnings back to their professional roles between scheduled sessions.
During the program you will:
- Gain insight into your leadership strengths and developmental opportunities
- Understand the unique challenges of women in leadership and strategies for advancement
- Strengthen your communications skills for improved effectiveness with internal and external constituents
- Build knowledge on strategic leadership and change management
- Participate in an executive coaching session focused on engaging and leading teams
- Define your personal vision for leadership
- Meet senior level women who will give candid insights for the journey ahead
The program structure for our virtual program will deliver all program modules via eight, live virtual sessions. These sessions will run from 12:00-4:00pm EST, (which is inclusive of a 30-minute break). Our programming will remain highly interactive, employing group exercises, discussions and case studies by leveraging breakout room capabilities within our online delivery technology.
Women in Leadership
- What's in the water
- Leadership and you
- Leadership styles
- Management versus leadership
- What role does gender play?
Leading Through Change
- Managing and promoting change
- Engaging followers and stakeholders
- Measuring and communicating results
The Power of Communication
- Negotiating well – types and styles
- Interests versus positions
- Power negotiation
- Ethical standards
- Difficult conversations
- Why strategic thinking is important
- Characteristics of strong strategic leaders
- Levels of strategic thinking / leadership
- Challenges to strategic leading and mitigations
360° Leadership Assessment
Coaching‐ Leading Teams
- Leader as coach: how to coach your people
- Individual and team feedback
Committed professional mid-to-senior level women who are:
- In a significant management role, demonstrating career progression
- Designated to assume increased responsibilities
- In a period of transition or moving between functional groups
- Desire enhanced presence and confidence for the next career stage
Organizational titles of participants may vary dependent on the size and type of their business. The cohort of 15-20 women may include program managers, senior directors, CFOs and financial managers, general counsels, operating managers, vice presidents and similar.
- Participants should have a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience within a corporate or professional organization.
- All participants are required to obtain agreement from their selected peers, direct reports, and manager to complete an assessment tool three weeks in advance of the program start. All results are kept confidential (as outlined in a letter that is provided for this exercise).
Without exception, the instructors are highly qualified experts in their fields, with extensive real-world experience. Most are also regular lecturers at the MBA level and all are actively involved in senior management consulting roles with some of the world's leading organizations. Some faculty featured in this program include:
Wiley Davi (Phd Tufts University) Wiley Davi is Associate Dean of Arts & Sciences at Bentley University and an Associate Professor in English and Media Studies (EMS). Wiley has published articles on leadership, on the value of liberal learning in a business curriculum, and on diversity in the classroom. Currently, they are working on a co-authored book on leadership and metacognition. Since 2015, Wiley has served as a Women in Leadership program facilitator for the Erasmus Center for Women and Organizations (ECWO) out of the Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus University in the Netherlands. Through ECWO, they have worked with women in organizations such as ING Bank, TNO (a nonprofit that focuses on applied science), and the European Central Bank.
Jill Brown (PhD Strategic Management University of Georgia) is an associate professor of Management at Bentley University. Prior to her position in academe, she worked as a Commercial lender for several financial institutions, including BNY Mellon and First Fidelity Bank in Philadelphia, PA. She is also an executive with a family-owned manufacturing business. Professor Brown’s research, teaching, and consulting interests include ethics, corporate social responsibility, corporate governance and strategic leadership facilitation.
Spring 2022 Virtual Program Dates
The Spring 2022 session begins March 16-17 with an orientation on March 9th at 12:00pm EST.
Sessions run on alternating weeks from 12:00-4:00pm EST over the course of three months.
- March 16-17, 30
- April 13, 28
- May 12, 18-19
In the interest of safeguarding the health and safety of their employees, we understand that companies are taking varied and measured approaches to returning to the office and external meeting/event attendance. Given this information, we have decided to move all our current programming to a virtual delivery, to ensure that we can best meet the development needs of our entire professional audience.
Program Cost: $3,465
Program fee includes tuition and instructional materials.
Register early to receive a 10% discount.
Bentley alumni receive a 15% enrollment discount.
Bentley Refund Policy
Bentley University will grant a full refund for cancellations received at least 30 days before the program start date. A 50% refund will be given for those cancellations made prior to fourteen days of the program start date. No refund will be granted for those cancellations received after that time.
Offer Taking Charge at Your Location Tailored to Your Business
Get More Info
We are happy to answer your questions and provide more details about the program.
Contact Ryan Brennan Strategic Account Director of Executive Education email@example.com