About the CWB
The Gloria Cordes Larson Center for Women and Business (CWB) at Bentley University is dedicated to advancing women and fostering workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion from the classroom to the boardroom. We provide thought leadership on critical diversity issues, and offer tools and interactive training to foster inclusive organizations. Our programs inform and empower students, alumni, and business professionals.
Our dynamic suite of programs focus on critical issues impacting workplace and gender diversity:
- Corporate Culture, Unconscious Bias, and Inclusive Leadership
- Allyship, including Men in Partnership to Advance Women
- Building Confidence and Overcoming Unseen Barriers
- The Role of Courageous Conversations
- Mentorship, Sponsorship, and Networks
- Talent Pipeline Issues from Entry Level to the Boardroom
- The Impact of Intersectionality
- Authentic Leadership and Team Development
- Effective Negotiations
- Workplace Flex and Parental Leave
- Taking Employee Resource Groups to the Next Level
- Developing Diversity and Inclusion Metrics
- The Multigenerational Workforce—Issues and Impacts
Advancing Women and Workplace Diversity from the Classroom to the Boardroom
The CWB provides thought leadership and programs to meet the unique needs of early career professionals, front-line managers, and senior executives, including the C-suite and boardroom.
- Custom In-House Programs: Skills-based diversity and inclusion programs optimized to meet the unique goals of the organization — each interactive forum includes actionable recommendations.
- Executive Working Group: Brings business leaders together to explore key issues impacting workplace diversity and inclusion and discuss best practices that drive real change.
- Gearing Up Conference: A transformational one-day conference focused on the unique needs and aspirations of professionals.
- Thought Leadership: CWB curated research reports synthesize current literature, practical research, and solutions to key issues impacting diversity and inclusion.
We prepare men and women for success and leadership in the workplace through experiential learning and academic theory. Our programs focus on critical workplace diversity issues and strategies for self-advocacy and inclusive leadership.
- Student Fellowship: Offers men and women real-world leadership preparation through an exploration of current workplace diversity issues and best practices.
- Women’s Leadership Program: Empowers undergraduate women with the essential skills, real-world experiences, and confidence needed to advance into leadership roles.
- Men of Alliance Student Group: Male students interested in learning about gender equity and demonstrating active support for their female peers in the classroom and the workplace.
- Bentley Women’s Network Student Group: Builds and utilizes a network of female business professionals and peers to empower Bentley’s future businesswomen.
- CWB Connection: Bentley students sign up to receive bi-weekly updates and invitations to diversity and inclusion related events both on and off campus.