At Bentley we have a 3 tier approach to Orientation. These include:
- Online Orientation - a helpful online resource for all new students, which includes a series of video chats designed to share various supports and services available on campus.
- Fall Experience - throughout the fall, the Orientation Team hosts numerous Falcon Live Chats, Virtual Office Hours with different departments (ex. Mathematical Sciences Department) and Webinars to help new students learn more information about Bentley and its community.
- January Orientation - 3-4 day Orientation Program, which allows all new students to learn more and integrate into the Bentley community, while outlining the Bentley Beliefs, expectations, and ideals of what a Falcon can look like.
During the Orientation experience, you will meet faculty, staff and fellow students; learn about campus; and officially become part of the Bentley Community — be prepared to be busy. The Orientation team has been working hard and is so excited for you to come to campus.
As you prepare for Orientation, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes during Orientation. You will be exploring campus and involved in various activities.
- The first meal provided by the program will be lunch. All meals will be catered or held in the dining hall.
- Do not bring alcohol or other drugs regardless of age; they cannot be consumed during this program. Do not take any if offered to you. Drug or alcohol use during the program could jeopardize your bright future at Bentley and it is just not worth it.
- Be prepared. It is a busy couple of days and we do need you to attend all sessions. You will receive more information about our Orientation App in August, so make sure you download it because it will include the full schedule.
Please note that new residential students will move in as follows: First-Year Students on January 10th and Transfer and Exchange Students on January 11th. In addition to residential or commuter student check-in, international students must complete their immigration registration. International students can find more information to prepare for you arrival here.
You will receive the Bentley New Student Guide which provides you with valuable information and help answer any questions you may have about joining the Falcon family. If you are looking for more information about the Spring semester after Orientation, please refer to our academic calendar.
If you have questions about the Orientation program please feel free to contact us at ga_Orientation@bentley.edu, 781-891-2271, or skype with us!