Skip to main content

University Life

Getting Started

Information about pre-arrival requirements and how to access care in our offices

Accessing Student Health, Counseling and Wellness Services  

When you need health, counseling or wellness services, call or stop by to see us. Before you start, all new full-time students have mandatory requirements and training that must be completed.

All new students must complete these mandatory requirements:

Step 1: Medical Records

The Bentley University Health Center and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts require all incoming full-time students (Undergraduate 12+ credits; Graduate 9+ credits) to complete health requirements on our secure Bentley Health Portal. Medical information submitted is confidential.

Requirements include filling out online forms, inputting dates for all required vaccines, and uploading an official immunization record. Requirements must be completed through the portal; we cannot accept documents submitted via mail, fax, or email.

Detailed instructions can be found under the Health & Wellbeing section of the New Student Guide, which will be sent to prior to the start of the semester. These steps are also listed at the bottom of the health portal homepage.

Health & Immunization Requirements are due June 15 for Fall enrollment, or December 15 for Spring enrollment. You will not be able to move into housing or begin classes until you have submitted the required information. You may also be charged a $50 nonrefundable fee for non-compliance. 

Immunization Requirements

Bentley Health Portal

Step 2: Mandatory Prevention Courses

All incoming students must complete online prevention courses. These are designed to empower you to make well-informed decisions at Bentley and beyond.

Course information will be emailed to you and posted on this site about a month before your first semester begins. If you don’t complete the training, you will be referred to the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs for conduct action. Residential students may also be unable to move into on-campus housing.

Undergraduate students, including transfer, exchange and commuter students must take:

  1. AlcoholEdu for College
  2. Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates

Graduate students must take:

  1. Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduates

If you completed AlcoholEdu at another school, you may request to have the course requirement waived. We do not provide waivers for the Sexual Assault Prevention Course. Request a waiver or email Jessica Greher Traue.

Parents and guardians can learn more about these courses and how to support students on Everfi’s Parent Resources Guide. We partner with Everfi to provide AlcoholEdu and sexual assault prevention courses.

Step 3: Enroll in or Waive Student Health Insurance

All full-time students are required by law to show proof of health insurance every academic year. You may enroll in a Student Health Insurance Plan offered through Bentley or provide proof of insurance.

Waive insurance if you have insurance coverage

Enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan

Domestic undergraduate students must waive or enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan before Aug. 1 or Jan. 2, depending on their start date. Graduate students must waive or enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan before the first day of classes.

Student Health Center

Rhodes Hall — (781) 891-2222

Call our office to schedule a visit or log on to the Bentley Health Portal to see self-scheduling options. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

For administrative or non-urgent questions, please email us at

Learn More

The Counseling Center

Callahan Building, Second Floor — (781) 891-2274

We are open Monday through Friday during the academic year, and Monday through Thursday during the summer. Our services are by appointment, so please call ahead or stop in to complete the required paperwork.

Learn More

Wellness and Health Promotion

Callahan Building, Second Floor — (781) 891-2600

We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the academic year, and Monday through Thursday during the summer. Health coaching and program consultations are by appointment only, so please call ahead. 

Learn More

24-Hr Emergency Information

Call (781) 891-3131 if you’re experiencing a medical or emotional emergency.