Take the following quiz to learn more about a relationship you may be concerned about. Answer yes or no to these statements.
Someone in my life:
1. Texts or contacts me all the time to the extreme.
2. Gets jealous or possessive, even accuses me of flirting or cheating.
3. Needs to know where I am and be able to reach me at all times.
4. Wants to control what I wear or how I look.
5. Tries to control what I do and who I see, including my family and friends.
6. Gets angry and yells at me one minute, but then is sweet and apologetic.
7. Makes me feel nervous or like I’m “walking on eggshells” when we’re together.
8. Puts me down, calls me names or criticizes me.
9. Makes me feel like I can’t do anything right or blames me for problems.
10. Threatens to hurt him/herself or other people because of me.
11. Has thrown things, held me down, pushed, grabbed, shoved, punched, slapped, choked or threatened me.
12. Pressures or forces me into sexual activity or going further than I want to.
Quiz statements adapted from loveisrespect.org.
If you answered yes to one or more of these statements, it is recommended that you seek advice from a trusted family member, friend, mentor, or professional. Help is available at Bentley.
If you feel that you or someone else is in immediate danger or threatened, get help right away. On campus, call University Police at 781.891.3131. Off campus, call 911.