Medical Accommodation Process:
Bentley students with an existing medical diagnosis which requires a specific style of housing can petition the Residential Center to obtain an appropriate accommodation in housing for the 2018–2019 academic year under the Americans with Disabilities Act. The petition process for a Housing & Meal Plan Medical Accommodation is a pre-selection process, with all approved applicants securing an appropriate assignment before the regular 2018–2019 Housing Selection Process begins. Each applicant must complete the following steps to petition for a housing and/or meal plan medical accommodation:
- Carefully read the Guidelines for a Housing & Meal Plan Medical Accommodation (located on the back of this form) and complete this petition as thoroughly as possible.
- Submit a typed letter or statement (from the applicant) detailing your current medical diagnosis, identifying the specific style of housing your diagnosis requires and explaining why your diagnosis requires such an accommodation.
- Submit supporting documentation from your medical specialist, detailing your official diagnosis, the impact (how it affects you), treatment plan, and their recommendation (including the style of housing needed to support this diagnosis and why your diagnosis requires such an accommodation). You can complete pages 3 & 4 of this form or submit documentation on letterhead, including the date and your physician’s signature.
- If you have questions regarding the process, please schedule a meeting (781-891-2148) with the Assistant Director of Housing Operations in the Residential Center.
All petitions must be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by delivering the petition to the Residential Center (located on the 3rd Floor of the Student Center), or by fax (781-891-2505) by the following dates and times:
- Students Returning from Study Abroad: Due by 4:30PM on November 14th, 2018 (Committee will review on Nov 28, 2018)
- New Students for Spring 2019: Due by 4:30PM on December 17th, 2018 (Committee will review on Dec 19th, 2018)
Each petition submitted to the Residential Center will be reviewed by the university’s Housing & Meal Plan Exemption Committee before final decisions are delivered. The committee’s decision on each petition will be sent to the applicant’s Bentley email address. Any petition accepted by the committee will receive a housing offer with the email, as well as additional instructions that must be completed to finalize the process.
The Housing and Meal Plan Medical Accommodation Petition can be found here: https://www.bentley.edu/files/2018/02/01/2018-2019%20Medical%20Accommodation%20Petition.pdf.
If you are having difficulty accessing information and need content in an alternate format, please contact Antonio Willis-Berry, Assistant Director of Housing Operations, at GA_Housing@bentley.edu.