University Housing Selection
We take great care to make sure Bentley is a welcome home for every student on campus. Dorm life may suit you perfectly, or you may prefer an apartment or suite-style living arrangement. We also offer defined living communities based on common goals and personal interests.
The housing selection process is an exciting time. The process for returning students begins in February and the process for new students begins in May. This coincides with when you would start planning your academic and social needs for the upcoming academic year.
The First-Year Student Housing Process is now complete for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please reach out to GA_Housing@bentley.edu if you have any questions regarding living on-campus.
Fall 2023 Move-In Information
- New Student Move-In Dates
- Mosaic Student Move-In - Monday, August 28 - 8:30am-10:30pm
- Defined Community Student Move-In - Tuesday, August 29 - 8:30am-11:00am
- International Student Move-In - Wednesday, August 30
- General First-Year, Transfer, and Exchange Student Move-In - Thursday, August 31
- Maple, Oak, Spruce, Slade, and Kresge Residents will Move-In between 8:00am-10:30am
- Alder, Birch, Cedar, Elm, Miller Residents will Move-In between 11:00am-1:30pm
The Transfer Student Housing Process is now complete for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please reach out to GA_Housing@bentley.edu if you have any questions regarding living on-campus.
Transfer Student Move-In Date
- Transfer Student Move-In - Thursday, August 31
The Exchange Student Housing Process is now complete for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please reach out to GA_Housing@bentley.edu if you have any questions regarding living on-campus.
- Exchange Student Move-In Date
- Exchange Student Move-In - Thursday, August 31
The Returning Student Housing Process is now complete for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please reach out to GA_Housing@bentley.edu if you have any questions regarding living on-campus.
- Returning Student Move-In Date
- Copley North/South, Orchard South, Kresge, Collins, Boylston B, North Campus C and D - 9:00am-12:00pm
- Fenway, Orchard North, Forest, Falcone North/East/West, Rhodes, Boylston A, Cape, Castle, North Campus A and D - 12:00pm-3:00pm
Bentley University provides equal opportunities for all students with diagnosed disabilities (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and with documentation from a specialist) and/or religious needs by way of reasonable accommodation. The petition process for a Housing & Meal Plan Accommodation is a pre-selection process, with all approved applicants securing an appropriate assignment before their respective housing selection/assignment process begins if the materials below are submitted by the respective deadline. Please note that this is an application process that is subject to review* by the Housing Accommodation Committee. The Committee will review all petitions and communicate a decision to the applicant.
Each applicant must complete all steps below to apply for a housing and/or meal plan accommodation, including:
1. Full completion of the online form** (link below).
2. A self-written statement from the applicant detailing the specific style of housing they are requesting and why their medical or religious situation necessitates this accommodation.
3. (medical accommodation requests only) Attachment of supporting documentation in a detailed typed-letter, on letterhead, with a hand signature and date from a medical specialist. This letter must include the following information: diagnosis, symptoms and impact of diagnosis, treatment plan and history of treatment, recommended accommodation, and an explanation of the direct correlation between the symptoms/impact and the recommended accommodation (i.e. why the accommodation is necessary to prevent a significant impairment).
To be considered prior to the respective housing process, this form must be completed by the following dates:
· Returning Students for Fall 2023: Due by 4:00PM on Friday, February 17, 2023
· New Students for Fall 2023: Due by 4:00PM on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
· Students Returning from Abroad/Leave for Spring 2024: Due by 4:00PM on Thursday, November 16, 2023
· New Students for Spring 2024: Due by 4:00PM on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Petitions received after the above deadlines will be reviewed by the Committee and a decision will be communicated to the applicant within 2-3 weeks. Students who submit a petition after their respective deadline and are approved for an accommodation after housing processes are underway or completed may not be able to receive a housing option that meets their approved accommodation, depending on availability. If a space later becomes available that meets the accommodation, it will be offered to the student.
If you have any questions about this process or would like more information, please contact HousingAccommodations@bentley.edu.
*Students must submit documentation from their medical specialist to be considered for a medical accommodation. Students submitting a request for a religious accommodation do not require supporting documentation. Please note that housing accommodations may not be approved if the impact of the respective disability or religious practice does not warrant a specific housing accommodation for the student to be able to function successfully in a university housing setting.
**As of October 7, 2022, the Housing and Meal Plan Accommodation Process has fully moved to an online format. The previous paper/PDF accommodation form will no longer be accepted; all petitions must be submitted using the online form at the link above.
Please note that requests for Emotional Support Animals (ESA) require additional documentation and review. To obtain more information about the ESA request process, please contact HousingAccommodations@bentley.edu before completing the accommodation petition form.
All housing options on campus are gender-inclusive. Any students may choose to live together regardless of gender. Bentley University is committed to creating an affirming community for our trans, genderqueer, and gender non-conforming students. The Residential Center will work with students to find a housing situation that is affirming and will support each student's academic growth. If you would like to speak with someone regarding your specific request, please contact our office at email@example.com.