University Housing Selection
We take great care to make sure Bentley is a welcome home for every student on campus. Dorm life may suit you perfectly, or you may prefer an apartment or suite-style living arrangement. We also offer defined living communities based on common goals and personal interests.
The housing selection process is an exciting time. The process for returning students begins in February and the process for new students begins in May. This coincides with when you would start planning your academic and social needs for the upcoming academic year.
Incoming first-year, transfer, and exchange students for the fall 2023 semester will be asked to complete 1) the 2023-2024 Housing and Meal Plan Contract, and 2) the Housing Application. These will be made available in each student's Housing Portal.
- Housing Contract & Application available: late May 2023
- Housing Contract & Application due: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Students who would like to request a medical or religious housing accommodation must submit their materials by Wednesday, June 21. Please see the section further down this page for more information about the housing accommodation process.
Housing assignments and roommate information will be communicated via email in late July 2023.
Fall 2023 Move-In Information:
- Incoming first-year, transfer, and exchange students will move in on Thursday, August 31, 2023. Specific times and move-in instructions will be communicated in late July.
Timeline & Important Dates
- February 6 – 24: Sign the 2023-2024 Housing and Meal Plan Contract
- February 6 – March 3: Complete roommate registration
- February 14: Cluster appeals due (if applicable)
- February 17: Housing and Meal Plan Medical/Religious Accommodation Requests due (if applicable)
- February 27: Priority numbers sent to students who completed the contract
- March 9: Group numbers sent based on registered roommate groups
- March 20: Selection date/time sent to each group; Room availability visible in Housing Portal
- March 21 – 24: Housing Selection, part 1
- March 27 – 30: Housing Selection, part 2
Information regarding the housing selection process will be communicated to eligible students via email in early February 2023. For an in-depth explanation of the various steps of the selection process, please refer to this document: Housing Selection 2023-2024 - Information Guide.pdf
Have questions about the housing selection process? We will be hosting drop-in hours where you can ask a staff member your questions:
|Day of Week||Time||Dates||Location|
|Monday||11:00a-12:00p||2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6||STU 320|
|Wednesday||2:00-3:00pm||2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8||STU 320|
|Thursday||12:00-1:00pm||2/23, 3/2, 3/9||STU 320|
Bentley University provides equal opportunities for all students with diagnosed disabilities (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and with documentation from a specialist) and/or religious needs (with documentation from clergy) by way of reasonable accommodation. The petition process for a Housing & Meal Plan Accommodation is a pre-selection process, with all approved applicants securing an appropriate assignment before their respective housing selection/assignment process begins if the materials below are submitted by the respective deadline. Please note that this is an application process that is subject to review* by the Housing Accommodation Committee. The Committee will review all petitions and communicate a decision to the applicant.
Each applicant must complete all steps below to apply for a housing and/or meal plan accommodation, including:
1. Full completion of the online form** (link below).
2. A self-written statement from the applicant detailing the specific style of housing they are requesting and why their medical or religious situation necessitates this accommodation.
3. Attachment of supporting documentation in a detailed typed-letter, on letterhead, with a hand signature and date from either a medical specialist or clergyperson.
To be considered prior to the respective housing process, this form must be completed by the following dates:
· Returning Students for Fall 2023: Due by 4:00PM on Friday, February 17, 2023
· New Students for Fall 2023: Due by 4:00PM on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
· Students Returning from Abroad/Leave for Spring 2024: Due by 4:00PM on Thursday, November 16, 2023
· New Students for Spring 2024: Due by 4:00PM on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Petitions received after the above deadlines will be reviewed by the Committee and a decision will be communicated to the applicant within 2-3 weeks. Students who submit a petition after their respective deadline and are approved for an accommodation after housing processes are underway or completed may not be able to receive a housing option that meets their approved accommodation, depending on availability. If a space later becomes available that meets the accommodation, it will be offered to the student.
If you have any questions about this process or would like more information, please contact HousingAccommodations@bentley.edu.
*Students must submit documentation from their medical specialist or clergyperson to be considered for a medical or religious accommodation, respectively. Please note that housing accommodations may not be approved if the impact of the respective disability or religious practice does not warrant a specific housing accommodation for the student to be able to function successfully in a university housing setting.
**As of October 7, 2022, the Housing and Meal Plan Accommodation Process has fully moved to an online format. The previous paper/PDF accommodation form will no longer be accepted; all petitions must be submitted using the online form at the link above.
Please note that requests for Emotional Support Animals (ESA) require additional documentation and review. To obtain more information about the ESA request process, please contact HousingAccommodations@bentley.edu before completing the accommodation petition form.
All housing options on campus are gender-inclusive. Any students may choose to live together regardless of gender. Bentley University is committed to creating an affirming community for our trans, genderqueer, and gender non-conforming students. The Residential Center will work with students to find a housing situation that is affirming and will support each student's academic growth. If you would like to speak with someone regarding your specific request, please contact Jeff Funk, Assistant Director of Housing Operations.