Medical Accommodation Process:
Bentley students with an existing medical diagnosis which requires a specific style of housing can petition the Residential Center to obtain an appropriate accommodation in housing for the 2019–2020 academic year under the Americans with Disabilities Act. The petition process for a Housing & Meal Plan Medical Accommodation is a pre-selection process, with all approved applicants securing an appropriate assignment before the regular 2019–2020 Housing Selection Process begins. Each applicant must complete the following steps to petition for a housing and/or meal plan medical accommodation:
- Carefully read the Guidelines for a Housing & Meal Plan Medical Accommodation (located on the back of this form) and complete this petition as thoroughly as possible.
- Submit a typed letter or statement (from the applicant) detailing your current medical diagnosis, identifying the specific style of housing your diagnosis requires and explaining why your diagnosis requires such an accommodation.
- Your medical specialist will need to submit supporting documentation in a detailed typed-letter, on letterhead, with a hand signature and date from your medical specialist, detailing:
- Your official diagnosis,
- History of the diagnosis (including how long you’ve been treated by the specialist),
- The impact (how it affects you),
- Treatment plan,
- Their recommendation (including the style of housing needed to support this diagnosis and why your diagnosis requires such an accommodation).
- If you have questions regarding the process, please schedule a meeting (781-891-2148) with the Assistant Director of Housing Operations in the Residential Center.
All petitions must be submitted via email (email@example.com), by delivering the petition to the Residential Center (located on the 3rd Floor of the Student Center), or by fax (781-891-2505) by the following dates and times:
- Returning Students for Fall 2019: Due by 4:00PM on Friday, February 15th, 2019 (Committee will review mid Feb 2019)
- New Students for Fall 2019: Due by 4:00PM on Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 (Committee will review in July 2019)
- Students Returning from Fall 2019 Abroad: Due by 4:30PM on November 13th, 2019 (Committee will review in Nov 2019)
- New Students for Spring 2020: Due by 4:30PM on December 16th, 2019 (Committee will review on Dec 2019)
Any petition accepted by the committee will receive a housing offer with the email, as well as additional instructions that must be completed to finalize the process. If documentation is received after this date, then the Residential Center will consider it, but we cannot guarantee that an appropriate accommodation will be available.
The Housing and Meal Plan Medical Accommodation Petition can be found here: https://www.bentley.edu/files/2019/02/04/2019-2020%20Housing%20and%20Meal%20Plan%20Medical%20Accommodation%20Petition.pdf
Medical Accommodation Due Dates and Committee Meetings
Returning Students for Fall 2019: Due by 4:00PM on Friday, February 15th, 2019 (Committee will review mid Feb 2019)
New Students for Fall 2019: Due by 4:00PM on Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 (Committee will review in July 2019)
Students Returning from Fall 2019 Abroad: Due by 4:30PM on November 13th, 2019 (Committee will review in Nov 2019)
New Students for Spring 2020: Due by 4:30PM on December 16th, 2019 (Committee will review on Dec 2019)