First-Generation College Students at Bentley
The mission of the First-Generation Student Support Committee is to create a community of academic and social support that engages and celebrates first-generation college students and empowers them to navigate their Bentley University journey to ensure personal and academic success.
We have created a Bentley definition that allows students, faculty, and staff to self-identify based on the following criterion:
- First-generation college students are those students whose parents or guardians have not attained a bachelor's degree in a college or university in the United States. This definition aligns with that of the United States Department of Education and that used on the Common App and reflects the identity of first-generation college students at Bentley.
Being the first at anything can be difficult, but the Committee is here to help by:
- Supporting you by making sure you are aware of and have access to campus resources
- Engaging you with opportunities for you to meet other first-generation students
- Creating a sense of belonging and inclusivity through community building
- Equipping you with the necessary tools to confidently achieve your potential at Bentley
Our mission is to create a community of academic and social support that engages and celebrates YOU and empowers YOU to navigate your Bentley University journey to ensure personal and academic success. We recognize your accomplishments inside and outside of the classroom and can’t wait to witness your achievements.
For a list of events for the rest of the Academic Year, click here.
Highlights of Recent Activities
These are highlights of past events in which First-Generation College Students at Bentley have been involved.
- Multicultural Center
- Financial Aid
- Career Services
- Library Services
- Academic Support Services, including:
- Counseling Center
- Health Center
- Wellness and Health Promotion
Ways to be Connected
For further information, contact:
- Melissa Giunta, Senior Director, Financial Assistance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Jackie Masloff (email@example.com), Lecturer, Computer Information Systems, or GA_FirstGen@bentley.edu
If you are interested in becoming a First-Generation Ally, sign up here.